The votes are in for this year’s Independent Small Business of the Year Award. There were even more businesses nominated this year than last and we want to thank everyone who participated and shared their amazing stories. The deadline to nominate and vote has passed, revealing the top 25 independent businesses in the 2015 Indie Awards.
These locally owned businesses represent the best in the country and we think you’ll be thrilled with the selection! The quarterfinalists, in alphabetical order, are:
- A. Dodson’s, an apparel, home décor and gift shop with locations in Suffolk, Norfolk and Virginia Beach, Va.
- Afterwords Books, a bookshop in Edwardsville, Ill.
- Allan’s Flowers & More, a florist in Prescott, Ariz.
- Armando’s Pizza of Salem, a pizza and sub shop in Salem, N.H.
- Artsy Fartsy Art Gallery, an art gallery in Carson City, Nev.
- Carr Hardware, a hardware supply and rental store with four locations in Mass.
- Coco’s Cottage, a specialty women’s clothing store in Jasper, Ga.
- Collage, a specialty boutique and gift shop in York, Pa.
- Continental Earthworks, a forestry and wild land fire mitigation company in Avon, Colo.
- Cross Eyed Owl Gift shop, selling home décor, gifts and more in Valatie, N.Y.
- From My Shelf Books & Gifts, a new and used bookshop in Wellsboro, Pa.
- Island Books, a bookstore in Mercer Island, Wash.
- License 2 Grill, an American restaurant offering American comfort food in Thornwood, N.Y.
- Life’s Memories and More, an arts & crafts supply store in Palmer, Mass.
- Mae Power Equipment, an outdoor power equipment dealer in Mission, TX
- Metamorphisis Salon and Spa, a hair salon and spa in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Monkitree, a fine art and craft gallery in Gardiner, ME
- Mower Man Lawn Service, a landscaping service in McKinney, TX
- The Mower Shop, an outdoor power equipment shop, in Fort Smith, Ark.
- One-Eighty Consignment and Thrift, a consignment and thrift shop in Albion, Pa.
- Pop’s Biscotti and Chocolates, crafting handmade gourmet chocolates and mini biscotti in Wilbraham, Mass.
- Salon VivEsta, Inc., a hair and nail salon in Lansing, Mich.
- Scout & Morgan Books, a bookstore in Cambridge, Minn.
- Step by Step Dance Studio, a dance studio in Farmingdale, N.Y.
- Surviving Sisters Boutique, an ecclectric clothing boutique specializing in Made in America merchandise, in Hyde Park, N.Y.
One will be recognized with the Independent We Stand - Independent Small Business of the Year Award, “The Indie.” Click here to read about our 25 quarter-finalists and stay connected with us; as we will be announcing our top 10, semi-finalists on December 14.