More than 150,000 votes were cast for 253 nominees during the nomination phase of Independent We Stand’s first ever “America’s Main Streets” contest. As the lifeblood of our cities and towns, Main Streets play an important role in the long-term success of communities and help build a sense of place.
We want to thank everyone who brought attention to their own communities by placing a nomination and sharing their votes. We now invite you to vote for your favorite quarterfinalist and move a deserving Main Street closer to the grand prize of $25,000.
Semifinalist voting begins May 2 and runs through May 29. The winner of the “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced June 3.
The 2016 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
- Ames Main Street Cultural District, Ames, Iowa
- Cedar Lee Business District Ohio, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Corning’s Gaffer District, Corning, N.Y.
- Dover-Foxcroft Downtown, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine
- Downtown Brookings, Brookings, S.D.
- Downtown Development Authority of the City of Tifton, Tifton, Ga.
- Downtown Laurel, MS, Laurel, Miss.
- Downtown Lynden, Lynden, Wash.
- Doylestown, PA, Doylestown, Pa.
- Gateway to the Great North Woods, Millinocket, Maine
- Grapevine Historic Main Street, Grapevine, Texas
- Historic Downtown Franklin TN, Franklin, Tenn.
- Jacksonville Main Street, Jacksonville, Ill.
- Main Street Greenville, Greenville, Ohio
- Main Street Libertyville, Libertyville, Ill.
- Main Street Madison Indiana, Madison, Ind.
- McKinney Main Street, McKinney, Texas
- Moultrie Main Street, Moultrie, Ga.
- Sterling Main Street, Sterling, Ill.
- Stuart Main Street, Stuart, Fla.
- Third Street, Beaver, Pa.
- Venice Main Street, Venice, Fla.
- Water Street, Gardiner, Maine
- Wellsboro Main Street Pennsylvania, Wellsboro, Pa.
- Woodstock, Georgia, Woodstock, Ga.
- May 2-29: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
- June 3: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” press conference: “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Contest prizes include:
- $25,000 grand prize check
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- $500 Tire Pros certificate towards a set of Continental tires
- $500 Do it Best Corp. shopping spree
- $500 PPG Pittsburgh Paints shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- An Alignable small business social media “Neighborhood” on the site
- Special plaque for winner to proudly display
To vote for quarterfinalists in “America’s Main Streets” contest visit MainStreetContest.com.