The polls have closed for this year’s Independent Small Business of the Year Award and we want to thank everyone who participated and shared their amazing stories. We had 25 amazing quarter-finalists, and we enjoyed the opportunity to get to know more about each one of them. It was a tight race, with more nominees than last year and more votes overall. The deadline to vote has passed, revealing the top ten businesses of the 2014 Indie Awards!
The top ten semi-finalists, in alphabetical order, are:
- A. Dodson’s, a gift shop with locations in Suffolk, Norfolk and Virginia Beach, Va.
- Afterwords Books, a bookshop in Edwardsville, Ill.
- Artsy Fartsy Art Gallery, and art gallery in Carson City, Nev.
- Califon Book Shop, a book shop in Califon, N.J.
- Copperhead Lodge, venue and lodging resort in Blairsville, Ga.
- D’Arcy’s, a restaurant and general store in Westfield, Ill.
- Grolier Poetry Shop, a bookstore in Cambridge, Mass.
- Lead in the Window, an art gallery and supply store in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Mike’s Community Cup, a coffee shop in SeaTac, Wash.
- Prairie View Farm Market, a farmers market and garden center in Hampshire, Ill.
One will be recognized with the Independent We Stand – Independent Small Business of the Year Award, “The Indie.” Click here to read about our ten semi-finalists and stay connected with us; as we will be announcing the winner on December 17.