5 May, 2020
The coronavirus outbreak has brought unprecedented challenges to small and local businesses. Whether your business is closed for the foreseeable future or remaining open to provide essential services, Independent We Stand recognizes the vital role you play in the recovery of our economy. The resources below have been tailored specifically to small businesses, to help you navigate the path forward.
Independent We Stand:
- Claim your free basic membership. You’ll get access to social media graphics and other marketing materials, as well as a listing in the Local Business Search tool.
- Follow IWS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Monitor these pages for regular updates about strategies and support for small businesses throughout the coronavirus pandemic and beyond.
- Bookmark the IWS blog. That’s where you’ll find stories about the latest campaigns for local businesses, like Virtual Small Business Saturday, as well as success stories from business owners across the country.
- Download the #SmallBizStrong social media graphics package. This package contains professionally designed graphics for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Share with #SmallBizStrong to make your business part of the unified brand of small businesses that are weathering the pandemic.
Small Business Administration/OSHA:
- Learn about your funding options. From disaster assistance to paycheck protection, SBA has information about all the federal funding programs available in one place.
- Guidance on Preparing for Workplaces for Reopening. A reopening template for businesses from the OSHA.
- Keep up with the latest guidelines. SBA compiles workplace guidance from the White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Connect with your local SBA office. Find your local SBA office and SBA-approved partners to help you in your community.
Small Business Advice:
- How Small Retailers Can Plan for a Safe Post-Coronavirus Reopening (Small Business Trends)
- How to Help Small Businesses Survive Covid's Next Phase (Harvard Business Review)
- 5 Tips For Small Business Owners Navigating Covid-19 (Forbes)
- Key to Small Business Survival is Ability to Adapt (New York Times)
- ‘Staying Nimble’: How Small Businesses Can, and Do, Shift Gears (New York Times)
- How Small Businesses Can Prepare for an Uncertain Summer (Inside Business)
- How America’s Main Streets Are Doing and Why You Should Care (Business.com)
- Coronavirus Economy is the Right Time for Small Business Owners to Double Down on Marketing (FOX Business)
- Coronovirus Small Business Guide (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Helping Your Business Through Covid-18 (Google for Small Business)
- We're Here to Help You Get Back to Business (Facebook for Small Business)
- Small Business Resilience Hub (SCORE)
- Covid-19 Resources (American Express)
- Your Essential and We're Here to Help You (North American Hardware Retailing Assoc.)
Read more about Covid-19, Small Business Administration, small business advice.