With more than 616,000 total votes cast for 160 entrants during the nomination phase of the 2020 America’s Main Streets contest, Independent We Stand is pleased to announce the quarterfinalists and the next phase of the contest. The goal of the contest is to draw attention to Main Streets throughout the country and their small businesses that not only provide a sense of place in our cities and towns but also play a large role in the lasting success of local economies. Ensuring the survival and vitality of our Main Streets is important now more than ever before, as the nation stays home to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Rooted as a movement of independent business owners across the country, Independent We Stand invites the public to vote now to help one of these deserving quarterfinalists get another step closer to winning a $25,000 grand prize. The coronavirus crisis has highlighted the need for small businesses to survive, and the contest offers a simple way consumers and small business owners can support each other.
Semifinalist online voting begins April 27 and runs through May 24. The top 10 semifinalists will be announced May 25 and the winner of the “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced June 2.
The 2020 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
- Chattahoochee Main Street, Chattahoochee, Fla.
- Downtown Bedford, Bedford, Pa.
- Downtown Canton Georgia, Canton, Ga.
- Downtown Jeffersonville, Jeffersonville, Ind.
- Emporia Main Street, Inc., Emporia, Kan.
- Fernandina Beach Main Street, Fernandina Beach, Fla.
- Historic Downtown Hope, Hope, Ark.
- Historic Downtown Ripon, Ripon, Wis.
- Historic Downtown Snohomish Association, Snohomish, Wash.
- Jacksonville Main Street, Jacksonville, Ill.
- LaBelle Downtown Revitalization Corporation, LaBelle, Fla.
- Larned Main Street, Larned, Kan.
- Main Street Altus, Altus, Okla.
- Main Street Fort Pierce, Inc., Fort Pierce, Fla.
- Main Street Hayward, Hayward, Wis.
- Main Street Homer, Homer, La.
- Minden, Louisiana, Minden, La.
- NewTown Macon, Macon, Ga.
- Osborne Main Street, Osborne, Kan.
- Pittsfield's Historic Courthouse Square, Pittsfield, Ill.
- Public Square, Columbia, Ky.
- Quincy Main Street, Quincy, Fla.
- Springhill Main Street, Springhill, La.
- Sweetwater Main Street, Sweetwater, Tenn.
- Sykesville Main Street, Sykesville, Md.
To vote online for quarterfinalists in “America’s Main Streets” contest please visit MainStreetContest.com.