In 2010, American Express founded Small Business Saturday®. Celebrated every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, it’s a day dedicated to helping support the small businesses that help to create jobs, boost the economy, and preserve neighborhoods around the country.
Independent We Stand is proud to participate in the seventh annual Small Business Saturday on November 26, 2016. In 2015, 95 million consumers came together to Shop Small® on Small Business Saturday and spent an estimated $14.3 billion dollars. This year’s event is going to be bigger than ever and we want to help you join in.
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR BUSINESS STAND OUT ON SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY:
- Get on the map. If you are an American Express card accepting small merchant, make sure your business is included on the Small Business Saturday Map. You can also list your business for free on Independent We Stand and get in front of customers who are eager to shop small. Upgrade to a Premium Membership for an enhanced listing that will help your business stand out in our search results.
- Personalize and download free marketing materials from Small Business Saturday including: printable signage, logos and imagery, suggested social media content and email templates. Take advantage of even more free materials offered in the Independent We Stand Resource Center to promote your locally owned business.
- Invite customers to shop with you. Eligible small businesses can receive reusable totes bags, balloons and buttons from American Express. Supplies are limited and offer ends November 9. Get yours by clicking here.
- Get inspired. See how other small businesses drove results last year during Small Business Saturday. Watch the videos here.
- Become a neighborhood champion and help your community prepare for the day. Sign up before November 11 to choose from various event kits like the "Scavenger Hunt" or the "Kick-Off Breakfast" to help rally your neighborhood for the big day.
- Stay in the loop. Get news and learn how to get the most out of Small Business Saturday and stay involved in the Shop Small Movement all year long. Sign up for email here (scroll to the bottom of the page).
- Be sure to ‘Like’ Small Business Saturday and Independent We Stand on Facebook for updates and to share content about this year’s event.
- Advertise the specials you plan to offer on Small Business Saturday to your fans on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media outlets.
- Send out an email, newsletter, or mailer letting your current customers know about your special offers for Small Business Saturday.
TIPS FOR CONSUMERS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY:
- Find small businesses to support on November 26 by viewing the Small Business Saturday Map and the Independent We Stand local business search.
- Share your support. Spread the word about Small Business Saturday and the Shop Small movement on your social networks. ShopSmall.com has easy to use editable tweets, posts and emails to keep friends, family and colleagues up-to-date on Small Business Saturday.
- “Like” Small Business Saturday and Independent We Stand on Facebook for updates on this year’s event.
- Stay in the loop. Get news and learn how to get the most out of Small Business Saturday and stay involved in the Shop Small Movement all year long. Sign up for emails here.
- Check in with your favorite small businesses on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media networks to see what deals they plan on offering for Small Business Saturday.
- Keep an eye out for emails, newsletters, and mailers from your favorite small businesses announcing the specials they plan to run on Small Business Saturday.
- Go out and shop small on November 26 and all year long!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.