The final vote counts are in for this year’s Independent Small Business of the Year Award. We want to thank everyone who voted, as well as those who shared their amazing stories. The deadline to vote has passed, revealing the top ten businesses.
These locally owned businesses represent the best in the country we think you’ll be thrilled with the selection! The semifinalists, in alphabetical order, are:
- A. Dodson’s, an apparel, home décor and gift shop with locations in Suffolk, Norfolk and Virginia Beach, VA
- Afterwords Books, a bookshop in Edwardsville, IL
- Artsy Fartsy Art Gallery, an art gallery in Carson City, NV
- Carr Hardware, a hardware supply and rental store with four locations in Massachusetts
- Coco’s Cottage, a specialty women’s clothing store in Jasper, GA
- Collage, a specialty boutique and gift shop in York, PA
- From My Shelf Books & Gifts, a new and used bookshop in Wellsboro, PA
- License 2 Grill, an American restaurant offering American comfort food in Thornwood, NY
- One-Eighty Consignment and Thrift, a consignment and thrift shop in Albion, PA
- Scout & Morgan Books, a bookstore in Cambridge, MN
One will be recognized with the Independent We Stand – Independent Small Business of the Year Award, “The Indie.” Click here to read about our ten semifinalists and stay connected with us; as we will be announcing the winner on December 16.