Nearly 130,000 votes were cast for our 25 quarterfinalists during the final phase of the “America’s Main Streets” contest.
Thank you to all who participated in the contest and shared their votes. The deadline to vote has passed, revealing the top Main Streets in the U.S. The grand prize winner of the “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced June 3.
The 2016 semifinalists in alphabetical order are:
- Cedar Lee Business District Ohio, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Downtown Brookings, Brookings, S.D.
- Downtown Lynden, Lynden, Wash.
- Gateway to the Great North Woods, Millinocket, Maine
- Main Street Greenville, Greenville, Ohio
- Main Street Madison Indiana, Madison, Ind.
- McKinney Main Street, McKinney, Texas
- Venice Main Street, Venice, Fla.
- Wellsboro Main Street Pennsylvania, Wellsboro, Pa.
- Woodstock, Georgia, Woodstock, Ga.
- June 3: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” press conference: “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Contest prizes include:
- $25,000 grand prize check
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- $500 Tire Pros certificate towards a set of Continental tires
- $500 Do it Best Corp. shopping spree
- $500 PPG Pittsburgh Paints shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- An Alignable small business social media “Neighborhood” on the site
- Special plaque for winner to proudly display
To view the semifinalists in “America’s Main Streets” contest visit MainStreetContest.com.
To stay up-to-date on the contest, and other Independent We Stand initiatives, follow our Facebook page.