In 2010, American Express founded Small Business Saturday®. Celebrated every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, it’s a day dedicated to helping support the small businesses that help to create jobs, boost the economy, and preserve neighborhoods around the country.
Independent We Stand is proud to participate in the fourth annual Small Business Saturday on November 30, 2013. Last year, over 100 Million people came together to Shop Small® on Small Business Saturday and spent an estimated $5.5 billion dollars. This year’s event is going to be bigger than ever and we want to help you join in.
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR BUSINESS STAND OUT ON SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY:
- Get on the map. Customers will be searching for independently-owned businesses to visit on Small Business Saturday and you want to make it easy for them to find you. Make sure your business is included on the Small Business Saturday Map. Log in here by November 4 to make sure your business location is on the map and listed correctly. List your business for free on Independent We Stand and get in front of customers who are eager to shop small. Upgrade to a Premium Membership for an enhanced listing that will help your business stand out in our search results.
- Promote the fact that American Express is offering a $10 credit to card members who register their card and use it to shop at independently owned businesses on Small Business Saturday.
- Personalize and download free marketing materials from Small Business Saturday including online ads, printable signage, logos and imagery, and suggested social media and email templates. Take advantage of even more free materials offered in the Independent We Stand Resource Center to promote your locally owned business.
- Welcome customers to shop with you. Eligible small businesses will receive 1 free Shop Small mat and 20 reusable shopping bags from American Express. Supplies are limited and offer ends November 15. Get yours by clicking here.
- Get inspired. See how other small businesses drove results last year during Small Business Saturday. Watch the videos here.
- Become a neighborhood champion and help your community prepare for the day. You can join a neighborhood circle to connect with business owners and other neighborhood champions or rally your neighborhood by signing up before November 4 to receive an activation kit with balloons, banners, shopping bags and more.
- Stay in the loop. Get news and learn how to get the most out of Small Business Saturday and stay involved in the Shop Small Movement all year long. Sign up for email here.
- Be sure to ‘Like’ Small Business Saturday and Independent We Stand on Facebook for updates and to share content about this year’s event.
- Advertise the specials you plan to offer on Small Business Saturday to your fans on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media outlets.
- Send out an email, newsletter, or mailer letting your current customers know about your special offers for Small Business Saturday.
TIPS FOR CONSUMERS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY:
- Find small businesses to support on November 30 by viewing the Small Business Saturday Map and the Independent We Stand local business search.
- Register your American Express card to receive a $10 statement credit when you use your card to spend $10 or more in a single purchase at a qualifying small business on November 30, 2013. You can register credit card starting on November 24 by visiting the Shop Small website. (This statement credit is only available on purchases made on Saturday, November 30. See terms and conditions.)
- Share your support. Spread the word about Small Business Saturday and the Shop Small movement on your social networks. ShopSmall.com has easy to use, editable tweets, posts and emails to keep friends, family and colleagues up-to-date on Small Business Saturday.
- “Like” Small Business Saturday and Independent We Stand on Facebook for updates on this year’s event.
- Stay in the loop. Get news and learn how to get the most out of Small Business Saturday and stay involved in the Shop Small Movement all year long. Sign up for emails here.
- Check in with your favorite small businesses on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media networks to see what deals they plan on offering for Small Business Saturday.
- Keep an eye out for emails, newsletters, and mailers from your favorite small businesses announcing the specials they plan to run on Small Business Saturday.
- Go out and Shop Small on November 30 and all year long!
Read more about buy local materials, buying local, customer service, economic impact, find a local business, find local businesses, find locally owned businesses, get local, Help small business, local business, local businesses, local buying, local shop, shop local, shop locally, Shop Small, shops local, small business, small business help, Small Business Saturday, small businesses, Social Media, why buy local.