More than 156,000 votes were cast for 242 nominees during the nomination phase of the 2017 “America’s Main Streets” contest. Your votes have been tallied and now we have our Top 25 Quarterfinalists!
Main Streets throughout the country and the small businesses found along them are what provide our cities and towns with a sense of place. Small, independently owned businesses also play a large role in the lasting success of local economies.
Now we need you to vote to help one of these deserving quarterfinalists get another step closer to winning a $25,000 grand prize.
The 2017 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
- Berlin Main Street, Berlin, Md.
- Bridge Street, Ashtabula, Ohio
- Brookhaven Main Street, Brookhaven, Miss.
- Coventry Village, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Destination Downtown Lancaster, Lancaster, Ohio
- Downtown Haddonfield, Haddonfield, N.J.
- Downtown Lee's Summit, Lee's Summit, Mo.
- Downtown Main Street, Red Wing, Minn.
- Downtown Northfield, Northfield, Minn.
- Downtown Oxford, Pennsylvania, Oxford, Pa.
- Downtown Plano Arts District, Plano, Texas
- Downtown Rochester, Rochester, Mich.
- Downtown Shakopee, Shakopee, Minn.
- Elizabeth City Downtown, Elizabeth City, N.C.
- Ellicott City Main Street, Ellicott City, Md.
- Hayward Main Street, Hayward, Wis.
- Historic Downtown McKinney, McKinney, Texas
- La Grange Kentucky Main Street, La Grange, Ky.
- Main Street & Downtown, Wellsboro, Pa.
- Main Street DeLand, DeLand, Fla.
- Main Street Maple Shade, Maple Shade, N.J.
- Main Street Medina, Medina, Ohio
- John Front Street, St. John, Wash.
- Sykesville Main Street, Sykesville, Md.
- Westerly, Westerly, R.I.
- May 1-28: “America’s Main Streets” quarterfinalists voting
- May 29: Top 10 semifinalists announced
- June 5: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event on the winning Main Street; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL equipment certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- PPG Pittsburgh Paints $500 shopping spree
- SnapRetail $1,300 subscription package
- Public relations and social media recognition
- An Alignable small business social media “Neighborhood” on the site
- Special plaque for winner to proudly display
To vote for quarterfinalists in “America’s Main Streets” contest visit MainStreetContest.com.